Monday, January 5, 2009

What do you assume? (12/28/08)

Nothing when I'm honest

??

I assume that I am unassuming.

??

I assume that most people are incapable of being honest with themselves.

??

That she will always take me back

??

far too much.

??

i try not to, but if i think about it, i guess all that we may correctly assume is that we are all going to die.

??

you don't ever assume. bc to assume would only make an "ass out of u & me"

??

Usually the worst, and that everybody is thinking of me. Its a real pain in the ass, gets old quick.

??

That it would be okay to take about a thousand years to answer a qotw with no repercussions for not answering before.

??

the love and support of my family.
if i don't drink i won't get drunk.
if i write it, it will be good.

??

That I am sane.

??

I have recently learned.....yet again, to assume nothing, have no expectations and I won't suffer.......sort of sucks feeling like you can't have expectations, huh

??

absolutely nothing.
I also take nothing for granted.

??

That I won't be hit by a bus before my plans come to fruition

??

way too much

??

Good intention

??

too often i mistakenly assume that the rest of the world understands things the way i do. that can be very frustrating. but generally i'm lucky enough to have a friend close by that will kindly observe this and remind me of what i'm doing so that i can snap out of it.

i also assume that things will continue changing for the better. a source of both frustration and hope, depending on the day.

??

that the sun will rise tomorrow

??

Well, I assumed that prop 8 would be defeated and that people everywhere would cast a no vote to ensure marriage equality for all legal adult tax paying citizens. Afterall, this is 2008 and society has advanced, so I thought. Hindsight shows me that I was extremely naive. Also, I assumed that since we live in a "free market capitalistic society" that corporate bailouts were unfathomable. Gee was I ever wrong, on both accounts.

??

Way too much and I always get in trouble when I assume something and don't check in w/the other people involved.

??

Hmmmm. Pretty much the same as last week's answer. Sunrise, sunset will happen. Gravity is pretty regular, too. I assume that I know less and more than I think I do. I assume that I will get "it" wrong sometimes...and sometimes I will get it right. Nothing but the laws of nature as I understand them are "guaranteed" ... then there's the whole Big Bang or an asteroid that could fuck all that up, too. So...I assume change is inevitable.

??

Very little, for as the saying goes, to assume is to make an "ass" out of "u" and "me."

However, when someone holds a glass toward me and I have a bottle of wine in my hand, I do assume they would like some more. And I assume when I hold out my glass to someone who is holding a bottle that they will in kind do the honors.

Oh, and I assume I will never get a seat on the underground during rush hour. Even if one is available, I do not enjoy fighting through the crowd when my stop comes up, so I stand near the door. Luckily I get off the train at the first stop the doors open on the opposite side as when I boarded, so I am never blocking anyone's entrance or exit. That being said, YOU may assume I have impeccable MUNI manners.

Happy New Year!!!

??

I assume nothing for nothing is guaranteed.

??

Ok, I know this sounds Pollyanna-ish, but I assume that on some level every single person is deserving of love. Every human being has some part of them that is lovable, even if it is a very small and deformed and messed up part that is very difficult to see. I confess that I feel like I have to make this assumption in part just to keep my sanity. Otherwise most of the people I deal with on a daily basis would drive me to become an ax murderer!

I also assume that the injured and battered animals I rescue and rehabilitate are destined to have a long, healthy life, a wonderful home and a happy ending. I'm glad to say that about 95% of the time, this is actually what happens.

??

The position.

??

The worst

??

that, though hard to relate to, that people here in san francisco actually elected obama and want for him to go to washington, to turn the country to a scary place, and that, again, though the men here in san francisco all seem to be concerned with how 'gay' will effect or be affected, that they aren't actually expecting to have gay sex as a law in Creation. and that, finally, that sun in the sky, brighter than any indirect eyes have ever beheld, won't dupe us all and send something more exact.
that i'm funny, talented, and not dead.
that my soulmate and i are with Jesus.
and that he still has all the water in the grand canyon wiaiting for me.
to do something with.
that 'us' has to be some joke.
and that the nigger is not the greatest way to look at the menu.

??

After I die will be nothing like I thought.

??

And mine...

This too shall pass.

No comments: