Sunday, December 14, 2008

What is your gift? (12/14/08)

It was a watch from Coach, but she said, "I like it, I don't love it," so we exchanged it today for another one.

??

My gift is connecting people with books, ideas, thoughts, other
persons, jobs. I am a matchmaker.

??

one of many founded on kali and sobriety is meditation, which is described wonderfully by my teacher's teacher here http://www.jikoji.org/Kobun/aspects.html

??

I make people laugh

??

this I've been told all my life is my gift: a capacity to be present, listen, and engage with people in a way that is extraordinary both in how effortless it is to me and in how deeply reassuring it is to others. I seem to truly "see" people, and often they bask in that seeing.

that, and the man I'm dating says I'm a great kisser. yeeha.

and I can make one of hell of a chocolate cake.

OK so that's three, but I never claimed that brevity was one of my gifts!

??

the ability to see in a new way on a daily basis.

??

Transmutation.

??

Parallel parking
??

my experience strength and hope and my ability to
transcend

??

perseverance, patience, and resilience that have gotten me through the ugliest of times. those gifts have come in pretty handy.

??

Personally, I think my gift is the ability to see all sides of a
situation, and to approach things with a detached sense of humor.
Relatedly, I think the gift of compassion is the greatest gift people
can give, and something that we're all capable of, and I would love to
hone this in myself!

??

being alive

??

The music in my soul - I got the music in me!

??

The one I recieve: coffee in bed with handmade cards

The one I give: my time, my love, my advice (sometimes unwanted)

My gifts are love

??

my teacher

??

Perception (when I'm conscious).

??

helping others to connect to the divine......and being a good listener.

??

The one that was given to me is my ability to live some kind of life in each gender, without feeling pressured to stay rooted in one or the other. I may not want to do that the rest of my life, but it's been an eight year vacation so far.

The gift I give is my own understandings about why we go to extremes, if and when we do.

??

The crazier the situation, the calmer I am

??

Insatiable thirst for knowledge.

??

Being here

??

The ability to heal sick animals, and my quirky and eccentric art.

??

My gift to others is love and respect. for myself, love and life!

??

Endurance / stamina. I have an amazing capacity to labor until the job is done and done right.

??

My life

??

I have a profound and apparently inexhaustible propensity to bullshit eloquently.

??

My smart ass answers aren't funny enough so I'll give you the heartfelt one -- a useful life of the spirit. Happy Solstice, all!

??

And mine...

Asking.
Seeing blind spots.
Writing on the sidewalk.

No comments: