Monday, February 2, 2009

What do your hands say about you? (2/2/09)

That I am older than I would like to believe.

??

i will have more children

??

Neat, clean, and soft. Vulnerable, and slightly crooked

??

Long graceful fingers...hint that I am artistic and musical.
The band on left ring finger reveals that I am married. The sparkly diamonds inset in the platinum band and no engagement ring should tell people I am well-loved but quite practical.
The heavy veins on the back of my hands give hint to my age (51) and that my hands well-used.
The very unpolished nails also should communicate that I am a no nonsense, active person.
The shattered thumb nail on the left, with the nail pulled away provides evidence that I play and fall hard.
The gash on my right thumb is from a ski edge. That reveals I was careless enough to ski without gloves...and I fell hard.
There are many small scars on knuckles...again, practical, no nonsense, earth mother type who like to get my hands dirty and doesn't bother with gloves in the garden...or anywhere else.
The callous under my ring finger on the palm says I've been married awhile.
There's a light tan on my hands even in the dead of winter...more evidence of an outdoorsy lifestyle.
My hands are also meticulously clean. I pay attention to details, but I don't bother with manicures. While my hands are decidedly feminine, they tell a story of a well rounded, athletic, artistic earth mother.

??

her showers are way too fucking long.

??

That I don't care enough for them.

??

They’re not talking to me right now. We have a continuing bv6ncdisagreement about the attractiveness of black shiny nail polish. Plus, in the melee that followed the shrieking, the left one scratched me and smacked my cheekbone. Whatever, I poured the polish remover down the toilet.

We are very attached to each other, but dammit, I am in charge here.

??

Strong, the hands of a mother, and a warrior chick.

??

I removed my gloves a wee bit early while applying henna several days ago,

??

That I'm older than I look

??

I actually have very sensitive hands. It embarrasses me to say so, but it's true.

??

That I spend more time in the office tapping away at a computer than being outside doing what I actually want to be doing.

??

That I have lived a long time (hence the dark freckles that weren't there 20 years ago); that I keep my nails looking nice; that they have served me well over the years, but are beginning to thicken around the knuckles. My skin is more wrinkled now than it used to be, but my hands still operate efficiently, especially for their age.

??

Durn, I didn't know they could talk with me!

??

I remember going to a palm reader in Berkeley when I was a teenager. He took one look at my hands and said, kind of startled, "Wow, you got a lot going on!"

??

I'm white.
I'm in my twenties.
I do not perform manual labor on a regular basis.
I play the piano, or should be playing the piano.
I don't care to get (or can't afford) a manicure
I had an allergic reaction to oysters last night and scratched like the dickens.

??

I need to drink more water moisturize.

??

I'm married. I don't get manicures regularly. I have soft skin. I'm graceful.

??

that i'm an old soul

??

That I can roll the craziest most outlandish blunts with ease

??

that I'm OCD and wash my hands too fucking much.

??

I have a medium sized penis. And I'm sensitive and play guitar.

??

My hands are very small, sweet and delicate, which, when clenched into fists, are akin to speeding bullets. (I learned this as a kid when I finally fought back against a bully.) Something about all that sums up my personality.

??

I've spent a lot of time in the sun, and forgot to moisturize.

??

Strength and kindness. Short and stubby, but strength and kindness :-).

??

They say, " Hard worker, and up and coming star hairstylist!"

??

That I am a carpenter, heading towards being a business person, and my hands aren't as tough as they used to be. And my left hand says that I am married.

??

I've never been very expressive with my hands. Words are my forte. I guess the most important things my hands have to say are when they are wrapped around a guitar.

??

My hands tell many a sad, sordid, brave, foolish and triumphant tales. They are a pair of my most valuable tools. They are scarred, bruised, cut and scabbed... I work with birds (there goes my anonymity ;o)) ... they serve as a perch, a cradle, a means to health and sometimes death. I sometimes hide them in embarrassment as they are not very feminine or attractive. Someone once told me, "I like your hands. They are used well." Mostly, I appreciate them!

??

Large v-shaped scar and a slight inability to straighten the third finger of my right hand says I had a seizure while scraping paint off a window and cut my finger down to the bone with the razor blade I was using. A three hour surgery and six months of physical therapy and hand restraints fixed it about 98%.

Small straight line scar on the left hand under the thumb says I went too fast with a box cutter while working in my dad's store as a teenager.

Calluses on the side and top of the right index finger and top of right middle finger say I work as a fiber artist and hold sewing needles, felting needles and crochet hooks a lot.

Lots of small scars all over my right lower hand and wrist say that I work with lots of unsocialized, scared rabbits from the shelter who tend to bite really hard.

The general smallness of my hands says that I was malnourished as a child.

??

Working man!

??

That I live with a kitty.

??

And mine...

One school of thought says I am a lesbian, based on the relative length of my first and ring fingers. The long nails and soft finger tips on my left hand say I haven't been playing guitar on a regular basis. Prominent veins say I am fair skinned and 40-something. Long, strong design of them say I am from good, Eastern European peasant stock. The lines apparently told two palm readers that I am a late bloomer. That I believe.

No comments: