Monday, July 28, 2008

Question of the Week (7/27/08)

What does it take?

IT TAKES GUTS, BRAINS AND A BOATLOAD OF KNOW HOW!

??

obviously a Jewish man. a Jewish man says you look wonderful in that dress; good enough to eat. a gentile says, "yes you look fat in that dress; now get out of the way. i'm watching the game!"

??

Dedicated work until achieved. Everything is walking distance, if you have the time.

??

Visa or Mastercard

??

It takes two

??

Willingness, commitment, some genuine talent/ability (think American Idol), persistence, willingness to take risks. I came across this quote awhile ago that I really like, "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"

??

That's a good question. If I had the answer, perhaps life would be a bit less challenging, wouldn't it?

??

It takes time, so don't be in such a hurry...

??

Integrity and focus.

??


The right frame of mind - go to any lengths

??

A sense of humor, footwork, trust in the process, and staying away from that first drink!

??

prayer, willingness, intention, focus, ACTION, gratitude, self acceptance/ self acknowledgment and a spicy splash of angel protection.

??

Nothing short of everything

??

patience and time
forgiveness
heart

??

Discipline and devotion.

??

Faith and follow-through

??

Holding the narrative and pushing on.

??

a complete commitment to allowing oneself to hate better than anyone else; feel the pain for having to hate existentialy. create some kind of wall in which to hide the Larger pain of knowing that people have to hide in hate. then love.
oops . . .

??

Love, sweat, tears, and understanding

??

I'm inspired to quote my neighbor John, a 75 year old man who served in the Merchant Marines, drove a taxi and now stays out to 3 am a few times a week dancing with the ladies.

He calls "what it takes" the 3D's...dedication, determination and of course drive. I believe him; it can be applied to career, relationship and spiritual growth.

??

rigorous honesty and a light touch

??

I have no idea. I always think it takes working long hours and more money but I think I'm wrong. I think it takes faith, well directed action, grace, passion and humor and well some money probably wouldn't hurt.

??


Pain. Lots of it.
And then guidance.
Very solid guidance.
And then prayer.
Lots and lots of prayer.

??

You take a stick of bamboo,
you take a stick of bamboo,
you take a stick of bamboo,
you throw it in the water,
Oh, oh, Hanaah.

??

Balance...

??

A mature(about 50) artist/carpenter coworker of mine said to me one morning, as his old knees and stiff back where ailing him ..."where is my motivation gonna come from today?" I look back at that and almost everyday I get some motivation and inspiration. Sometimes thru other people doing the same thing as me, sometimes doing the opposite of me, sometimes people really wanting me to do something, and other times, no one but myself knows about what I am doing. So, I would say that it takes me showing up and and a little motivation.

??

Faith. And peanut butter.

??

Strength, versatility, a sense of humor, refusal to give up and a good friend or two.

??

hope

??

courage. the ability to keep going when it seems hopeless. the ability to laugh even during the most difficult moments.

??

The right ingredients, the right catalyst, and faith.

??

Patience

??

It takes less vagueness.

??

It takes a fearless, relentless, commitment to seeing the world as it really is, not as we believe or want it to be.

??

Determination, and a willingness to make some sacrifices along the way. Or, $1.75 to wash, $1.50 to dry.

??

it takes about a minute
it takes two to tango
it takes one to know one
it takes a thief to catch a thief
it takes a village (oh, please)
it takes all sorts to make a world
it takes a lifetime to forget someone
it takes a little doing
it takes a little spit and some nose grease
it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage
it takes on a life of its own
it takes a second to say "I love you" but it takes a lifetime to show it

it takes a lot to laugh, it takes a train to cry

??

I know it doesn't take credit cards.

??

And mine...

A couple of double A batteries, patience and about 30-40 minutes.

No comments: