Monday, September 1, 2008

Question of the Week (8/24/08)

Now what?

Bedtime, man. Bedtime.

??

I take a break and begin a soul searching process to see if what I am doing is what I really want to be doing. Or probably more likely... if its where I want to be doing it.

??

Clear the blockages.......and get on with it..........and when you hit another blockage, manage it and..........get on with it. Onward Ho!

??

that's a good question.

??

life goes on

??

Jury duty.

??

Muddle through...

??


Now I wait.....patiently and with faith

??

Wow. Amazing timing with this question. That is *exacty* what I have
been asking myself for the past 24 hours. I am ready for some big
changes - both career-wise and relationship-wise. I want to leave an
unhealthy work environment, but am not sure what kind of job to even
start looking for. Same thing with relationships. I'm ready to start
dating, but I am not sure what kind of relationship I am looking for.
So as for *now*, I am practicing sitting in the uncertainty of it all
and trusting there is some Higher Power which will help to lead the
way. And I am pleased to say that I've gotten a lot better at sitting
in uncertainty having had ample opportunity to do just that over the
past several years.

??

Now we just keep on truckin’.

??

I just met a guy I really like. But he lives on the other coast. So I have no idea.

??

Keep moving forward

??

More of the same but using different labels. I am so depressed by McCain's surge in the polls....I could gut myself.

??

YES! Onward and upward!
And INward.

??

savor.

??

work, AA service, then burning man. then open studios.

??

Chicken butt.

??

I don't know!

??

NOW in a courageous move, I begin cosmetology school, and embark on a new career! Prayers welcomed.

??

I don't know

??

keep practicing.

no matter what.

??

Is the book finished, or just the chapter, or merely a page? Turn the page, or select a new book and continue on as before.

In another light, having just spent a wonderful weekend at a 12 Step retreat (subject: a deeper friendship with your Higher Power), more meditation (a struggle for me - always "too busy"). Progress, not perfection.

??


Now
I'll try to be kind, courteous, and loving.
Now
I'll pray for patience
Now
I'll grit my teeth and resist
and now
I'll try not to

??

Now the body begins to break down.

??

Well, it's time for bed but first I must finish checking my email, tidy up a little, then wash diapers, then get ready and go to bed.

??

A new apartment, new ride, new computer, new perspective: let the semester begin.

??

Chill out, get bored, get routine again, get inspired and go climb another mountain.

??

The question implies an existence in the past and future. As always, for me anyway, there is only now.
Now I'm creating my response to this email. I can suggest what the next now will be but there is no certainty
of it and no predisposition for it. I can also recall, to some extent, what the last now entailed. But that memory is already tainted by my recollection process. It is viewed, so to speak, by the lens of now and reflects some element of the values that are important to me now. If I view it again tomorrow, it will look completely different. If I look at it 5 minutes from now it will be changed. It is changing as I write this. I can try to "immortalize" it based on my current situation but that would be something else entirely and would lose any practical relationship to now. "And now for something completely different..."

??

Let's find out together!

??

And mine...

I click send.

No comments: