Sunday, September 14, 2008

What helps?

Prayer, Expressions of Gratitude, Expressions of Creativity, Boundaries, Action, Asking For Help, Exercising the Body, and Exercising the Right To Change My Mind!..........oh and always and forever....SLEEP! AND HELPING OTHERS / SERVICE

??

Pausing.

??

what helps is knowing that somewhere, way above the sky, i'm staring down at myself and wondering when i'll finally figure it out.

??

Prayer....talking with a friend....a nap......peanut butter...

??

A good night's sleep
20 minutes in the hot tub
A genuinely nutritious meal
Cuddle time with husband man
Seeing and interacting with my grandbabies
Hot sweaty exercise (to include sex)
Time in the mountains or on the beach (isolated one)
In really tough times, horseback riding is my best medicine.

??

Sleep

??

breathing, taking time,not spinning

??

This helps:

1. Putting ice directly on it as soon as you can
2. Psychotherapy
3. Turning the heat down just before you put the turkey in the frying pan
4. Voting for Obama

To deal with:
1. A black eye
2. Grief
3. Breaded and fried turkey cutlets
4. The trainwreck of our economy after 8 years of Bush

??

caffeine.

??

Acceptance, baby steps, exercise, meditation, coffee.

??

Time and sex and there's never enough of either.

??

More sleep
Yoga in the morning
Cooking all meals at home
Being ultra thrifty
Hiking/running
Music
Gardening
Cooperative children
Appreciation
Humor
Friendships
Being content/grateful for what you have

??

turning it over...and over, and over, and over....

??

sleep, hugs, love and a good listener

??

Hearing "Thank You" ... that helps

??

snuggling, sex, chocolate, ice cream, cheap mexican food, breathing, sleep, dreaming, beauty, music, praying, meetings, art, writing, san francisco, friends, exes, good food, battlestar galactica, heroes, my new apt, biking, talking about snowboarding, tattoos, talking about my next tattoo, skin, hair, clothes, the studio, work in a sense, the internet unfortunately....

??

sleep, chocolate, smoking, internet, meetings, friends, new anything etc... indulging in all and more due to recent obsession and unanticipated romantic pain.

??

The love of my partner, mother, and a pint of Chubby hubby ice cream.

??

A hot bubble bath, a good cry, a funny movie, conversation with someone who really cares, and when all else fails, the steps.......

??

When I need guidance, I take a breath and ask myself yes or no questions. If I get a calm, simple 'yes' or 'no' right away with no explanation, that is always the right answer. When I don't get a clear answer or the answer seems hurried and fear-based ('yes, you have to do this or else...', etc.), I ask a different question or re-ask the question in different words. Someone taught me this a few years ago and now I don't know how I got by so many years without it.

??

Love

??

you do

??

chocolate milk

deep breath

sex

putting yourself out there with confidence and kindness and humility and pride.

??

Talking to a friend, kitty love, prayer, working out, a cathartic beating from a loved one, and my teddy bear.

??

Honesty. Laugh, cry, bluster or be quiet as needed.

??

asking, kindness, vitamins, dental floss, antibiotic ointment, band-aids, the Red Cross, Amnesty International, Habitat for Humanity et al., getting enough sleep, money, lipstick, good music, good art, laughter, mosturizer, hot tubs, sleepytime tea, chocolate, peace,friends and family

??

Heat
Stretching
Breathing
Sleep
(and occasionally Aleve
or bourbon)

??

Maintaining my daily routine of self-care--eating meals on time, eating appropriately, getting enough sleep, prayer, meditation, chanting my mantra, yoga, meetings, service, writing.

??

Breathing through my vagina.

??

ASKING. ACCEPTING. HELPING OTHERS.

??

Staying focused and remembering always that I am loved as much as I love others.
Playing guitar and riding my Harley are also nice and benevolent distractions.

??

Sensible shoes.

??

And mine...

Laughing at myself; knowing what I am here to do (love and be of service); cuddling with an ex; trying to make the front of my face vibrate when I sing

No comments: