Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm sad. Please tell me something happy. (2/23/09)

Strong warm hands massaging your tension away.

??

O.K., here's a story.
Last week I took my two boys on a skiing trip to Vermont, (well, snowboarding for them). They had been only once before two or three years ago with their mother and both were struggling somewhat on the first day, the younger (12) worst of all. Finally after more than an hour of trying to get down the mountain,
he wiped out again and hit his head with the snowboard and I came over to find little tears streaming down from his eyes. He was so frustrated. First I told him not to worry, that there was no rush to get down the mountain and that we would compose ourselves and finish, as we were near the lodge anyway. When we got to the lodge I took him upstairs to the ski school and hired a pro to work with him for a couple of hours. The next morning, he was very confident, clued his older brother in to a couple of tips that he learned from the pro and we went up again. This time he made it all the way down with only a handful of sit-down spills. By the end of the afternoon I couldn't even keep up with him. He would be waiting at the lift for five or ten minutes and ready to go again when I slid in on my tired dad legs. I finally let him go by himself and he went right down the intermediate slope in about 10 minutes.
It was such a rewarding experience I could barely contain my pride and respect for his ability to get back up and succeed where he had been so thoroughly defeated. It was one of those moments as a parent when you finally believe you have taught your offspring something useful and the unadulterated love that you feel for them fills your whole universe.
Then we all went and had a great dinner and slept like angels were watching over us through the night.

??

I got home last night after 10 days away from home. My cat, Buddy, had been in the care of my roommate. Buddy woke me up three times this morning for attention by standing on me and purring in my face and making biscuits where ever his paws could reach. No amount of money would ever be enough to make me give him away!

??

You're rad.

And the sound of the rain outside is so relaxing.

??

my sister stopped by to say hi when i've been home sick and alone all day. that made me happy that i have someone like her in my life.

??

The older I get, the more I love my parents.

??



I am going to Baltimore this summer to have a reunion with my Mom's side of the family, including 3 cousins and their families (spouses and 7 children all together). I haven't seen one of my cousins in over 20 years, and I've never met her hubby. I also haven't met 4 of the 7 children. It's going to be wonderful!

After 7 days there, I'm off to Puerto Rico for 5 days. My first time there, staying with a friend of a friend. (Although I have been emailing with him for over a year now, so he's really my friend, too, I suppose, just was hers first.)

I got a great rate on the flights (less than $600 for all 3 flights), and get to stay free in both places. What more could a gal ask for?

??

You are a lovely, loving and lovable manifestation of the Divine.

??

yellow flowers are very pretty and kindof match your hair, sometimes.
I am listening to the "pain and pleasure concerto" by the lords of acid.
soon I will be watching buffy and drinking chocolate milk.
love is the only true reality.

??

Bonobos are apes who live in societies governed by older females. They are extremeley physically affectionate with one another, and survive communally, sharing the food found by the males which is divided by the matriachs and passed around. Unlike chimpanzees, they do not murder. Anthropologists are currently researching the theory that humans are actually more closely related to Bonobos.

??

your hair smells amazing!!!

??

feel the same way. I look forward to reading the responses. On my way home today I was thinking that I have become the worst version of myself... misanthropic, cynical, semi-isolated. I'm actually not sure what to say to make anyone else happy right now... maybe something like a contrived, inspirational quote or news bit, but I know of none. Something that makes me happy, that makes me smile are my pet rats. They are quite cute & I like feeding them spinach, kale, & healthy food because they seem to enjoy it & that makes me happy. Somehow becoming apart of an anonymous weekly question group mailing list thing has also made me rather happy... I am guaranteed at least two emails a week.

??

Your sadness is temporary........you will be happy again.

You are a child of God.....you are loved and taken care of......you will not be forgotten or left behind and yes, you are loved.......

??

Every morning my 4 month daughter wakes on her own, she doesn't cry, she
just talks to herself until we come to get her. When she sees us she smiles
and squeals and laughs with glee. It is always a good day to her.

??

Go borrow someone's kittens. Watching a litter of kitten, puppies, or just about any baby animal makes my heart smile. Take a "walk" with a three-year old child and rediscover the world.

I do have happy news this week. After months of casting about for either new work for my consulting practice and normal, full-time employment, the dam finally broke last week. I have verbal agreement on a 3 month contract which covers my share of household expenses for a year; I have a job interview for a federal job on Wednesday; I passed the first phase of testing for a county job, and I got a call from a placement firm to interview for a private sector position thru them. I had not had one single nibble in months. MONTHS and MONTHS. No responses. I was in a career black hole.

And in the victory column, the client with whom I will be working is one I worked for last year. One of their senior staff was extremely rude, abrasive, and used me to blame shift her incompetence in highly inappropriate ways. I stood up to her and actually reported her to top of her chain of command (someone who is not easily approachable). I was very specific about how hurtful and inappropriate her behavior was and that I would not work with her again. I figured I probably shot down my chance to ever work for this client again by standing up for myself so vocally. (In consulting, we pretty much eat shit, smile, and thank them for the opportunity to dine.) I was directly sought out for this contract...proof I could risk taking care of myself and speaking my truth!

AND, I should get to take my grandbabies skiing for their first time this weekend (they are 2 and 4). I can't wait to get my baby lovin's!!

??

I'm sure everyone will say this, but it's probably worth repeating:

"This too shall pass."

??

My 14-year-old son found an old flute in my music room, asked if he could have it, and is now teaching himself how to play that lovely little instrument. Listening to a young man play the flute is a wonderful thing, and it sure makes me happy to hear.

??

It's in the darkness that the light is ever more apparent. And remember, this, too, shall pass.

??

Spring is about to burst forth ... daffodils are already projecting warm weather.
Time to cleanup the golf clubs. Oh Yeah!

??

I love you, GoDa

??

The other night, I was walking up the block towards my house, looking at the stars, and I was struck with an overwhelming sense of gratitude... for my life here in San Francisco, for my apartment and the people in my building, for my job and my co-workers, and most of all for the friends I've made since moving here... which very much includes you!

??

Fluffy kittens frolic in a rainbow land with cotton candy clouds, cherry-blossom gum drop trees and glitter-winged birdies singing Japanese pop songs.

??

It ALWAYS gets better! And most of the time I see you, you are very happy. AND the sadness is just a door to deeper connection w god. Walk IN and it will dissipate faster.

Love and light

??

Today is a new day and it can be whatever you wish it to be. Go for a walk in the park. See what inspires you and notice things being present that you wouldnt normally notice. Remember, you belong to the world and it belongs to you. xoxo

??

"optapus" (octopus), "biper" (diaper), "me do it" (I would like to attempt that myself), "lemmellade" (lemonade), "mohnserz" (monsters), "what da heck?" (this statement gets a rise out of you), "talk bunny" (entertain me by making my bunny into a interactive puppet, NOW)

smiling yet?

??

Put your self in someone else's shoes, your problem is minute to someone starving with no food and shelter , always look at the positive

??

I'm finally getting over a cough and nasal congestion that has hung on for FOUR WEEKS! I am so glad to be able to sleep through the night without having to wake my neighbors with my coughing. I am also glad that the tenderness around my nose - from blowing my nose so frequently - is healing! This may not be what makes you happy, but is certainly does the trick for me!

??

"Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers,
"Grow, grow . . ."
-The Talmud

??

You're loved more than you know and by more people than you first thought!

??

"This too shall pass" - Sorry, wish I had something better but it's the most honest hope I have.

??

the Savior has Returned.for all those interested . .

??

babies laughs
puppies bouncing as they walk
waking up to kisses in the morning
finishing something challenging
fulfilling food cravings
eating good food
friends & family healthy
your new beau getting along with your friends
thoughtful gestures
random acts of kindnesses
hanging out with good, funny & fun ppl
being silly with friends
seeing my family & friends happy
warm sunshine on my face

I hope that this list will cheer you up a little :)

??

I bought tickets to Paris to surprise my wife for her 30th birthday!

??

You're our friend and we love you; I love you. Does that help?

??

Question of the Week is a cool idea. (And the answers too).

Obama is president.

AND

Maybe during the next hour, minute or even second something good will happen.

??

I'm piecing myself together more and more every day! was that happy enough? I'm pretty happy about it. just as happy as a little yellow flower.

??

Well, to be honest, I really feel that if you're feeling sad, it's really best to just go with that feeling and not try to cheer yourself up. People shy away from sadness when it's actually a good emotion to get in touch with.

However, if you insist on happiness - the daffodils are all blooming like crazy around here, the lettuce is coming up, my non-profit group just got it's 501(c)3 status, there is a new administration with a new agenda in the White House, and, to quote Matisse - "There are always flowers for those who wish to see them."

Just look in the mirror and stick your tongue out reeeeeeeallly far. Pretend you are Gene Simmons. That should cheer you up!!

??

My son who is 2 calls farts, sarts.
This too shall pass.
You are loved, especially by me.
There, that was one funny and 2 happy.

??

And mine...

Wow. Thank you. I am deeply humbled by the foregoing lovefest. You all pretty much ROCK!

No comments: