Monday, August 17, 2009

What is an example of your self-awareness? (7/6/09)

pubic masturbation as a way of chasing down rape and securing for those who want to offer their two balls to a proper authority.

??

The way I second-guess myself all the frickin' time...

??

When awakening on many mornings, I'll lay there and think about where I am in life, and do my best to assure myself I am headed in a good direction for me ... that I am doing what makes me happy. Happy is important at this stage of my life!

??

Being able to feel. Being able to recognize what I feel. Being able to respond appropriately to those identified feelings. Allowing myself to cry when I am deeply hurt as I did when I was a child.

??

i say to myself, "thinking," and return to noticing my breath.

??

"please"
"thank you"
"excuse me"
"no"
"yes"

??

Being aware of others.

By the way folks: no one quoted Bob Dylan on the last question. Under honor code I feel obligated to add the following lyrics which seem to be true no matter where I am at in life and by themselves stand larger then life tereby addressing the present topical question:

"the time's are a changin' "

??

A mild example: no matter how tight my budget is, I still buy myself frozen dinners to have when I don't feel like cooking. Cuz I know there will be those days, and I'd rather just accept my occasional laziness than struggle with it.

??

I can tell stories about myself and how my deep-seated anger erupts at inconvenient times. I normally pull my own covers like this in AA meetings - and forums such as this one.

??

I wake myself up when I snore.

??

Watching and listening to my parents and realizing the things i do and feel that are a direct reaction or adaptation of their words and actions

??

I recognize myself in the mirror.

??

saying I'm sorry after fucking up yet again

??

Jeepers...I don't quite know how to answer this one.

??

I don't have a job or a lot of money but I donate regularly to charities & worthy causes - on the outside it may appear to be naive and/or a bit self-debilitating but I think it's the principled thing to do.

??

The fact that when hear an inside voice I can now identify which head is speaking.

??

I'm always super-conscious about the way I speak, look and act -- too much so, I believe.
Self awareness is not a quality for me it's more like a curse. That's probably why I am drawn so
strongly to zen teachings that encourage me to be less aware of myself as a single entity and
more sensitive to my place as part of a larger force in the universe of non-existence.

??

Zippin' the lip.

??

Remembering that all beings suffer...including my sister-in-law who drips diamonds and drives an Audi and has a personal trainer. I must remember, I must remember, I must remember.

??

And mine...

I cough into my arm not my hand.

No comments: