Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What could you do if only given the chance? (6/21/09)

If given five years of complete financial freedom I could write a work to stand beside Joyce. In the brief two weekd of freedom that I've had recently I'm amazed by what I've been able to write.

??

sleep for days

??

I would be a great nurse......

??

Producer a great film, write a book, run a successful company, make a lot of money.

??

As I've been given the chance to write and I'm wrting only sporadically, I can take THAT illusion off the table. So my truest desire is to have a small farm with a mountain meadow, a few goats, horses, cattle, farm dogs, and big gardens. I've got enough experience as a farmer, I could pull that off...if I didn't have to make a profit and I could just aim for sustainability, that is. Off the grid with some skis would be perfect. lol I'm an old lady who want to back country ski in my 80's. In fact, I wanna got out in my 80's dropping off a cornice or something. Fuck the whole idea of 100 pill bottles and a walker. (I've been working on health care reform for 10 years...can you see the bitterness?? Drugging old people into a medically induced unnatural stupor MAKES ME VERY ANGRY.)

??

Make great art

bring new inventions into the world

host a brilliant tv variety hour

??

Be an actress.

??

Be the spiritual gatekeeper for new babies as they enter..........to perform sacred ritual at a baby's birth.....I've never witnessed childbirth before, although I've expressed my desire to do so. No one has yet taken me up on my offer to be in the delivery room whilst calling forth the gods and ancestors. in god's time, I guess.

??

take a trip to outer space.

??

1. write a great book (which I'm in the process of doing anyway)

2. run a marathon in under 3.5 hours

3. learn Italian

4. make the meanest chocolate cake this side of the Mississippi

5. raise more donations for the SF Food Bank than have ever been raised before (that's what I'd like to do)

??

I would live without fear of consequences!

??

work on a job with a much bigger budget!

??

Be a good girlfriend

??

shoot satan in the head with a weapon designed insightfully in the same moment that my soulmate marries Jesus and bears a child. oops.

??

Think freely and creatively like I did when I was 18. There were no limits to my imagination then...

??

go back and do it all over again with the knowledge I have now!

??

Relax.

??

If given the chance? Or just make it happen? Where to begin? Sing for a living; weigh my ideal weight; knit for a living; afford retirement...... the list goes on.

??

Read books all day and all night.

??

Marry Tom Cruise. If only he had met me before Katie Holmes... (Actually, I think they are a really cute couple. I hope this one lasts.)

??

Hopefully something pretty cool ...

??

I am a really good actor &, if given a greater chance in film & television, I can share my talents with a much larger audience!!

??

What does that mean? Each of us has the ability already to pursue great opportunity. If by "given the chance" the question implies someone else would enable me to affect change, I've already seen what happens in my life when others enable me. I think I'll stick to my own resources.

??

Rock the Fillmore.

??

And mine...

Be a very generous billionaire.

No comments: